Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Awesomeness...

There is a new summer show on NBC called Camp. It's an OK show. I am not sure that it would make it in the fall, but for the summer it fits.

One day last week I wasn't feeling well. (Major sinus infection going on right now.) I just spent the day laying in bed watching countless hours of DVR'd TV. One of the shows was Camp. OK, it was more like 3 hours of this show. Anyway, one of the things that really stood out to me was when one of the characters was explaining that you should find 3 awesomeness in your day. It's true. You really should look for those little things to make you smile and feel good.

Today was an easy awesome finding day. Even though I am still as sick as can be I was able to find my 3 easily.

1. I ran today. Why is this awesome? See above! Seriously, I was up for 4 hours last night with a migraine thanks to this sinus infection. It is 5:36 pm and I still have a headache. Yet I was still able to find the will in me to run today. The old Ashley would never have done that.

2. I got a great message on Facebook from a friend who told me how awesome I am doing with my running. That made me feel like a million dollars.

3. I watched my two younger boys playing outside. They were really playing. Not just sitting around wondering what to do. You could see their imaginations working. At one point I caught them chopping wood. (With a bigger piece of wood. No axes until our insurance premiums go down. ;) It was just such a BOY thing to do.


I hope your awesome's come easily to you today! 

Love,
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment